Below are links to a number of useful pension related websites and contact information. Please note that Avon Protection plc is not responsible for the content of these external internet sites.
Mercer Consulting Ltd
If you have any questions about the benefits provided by the Plan, or want specific information about your DB pension, you can contact the Plan administrator using the below details:
Address: Maclaren House, Talbot Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0FP
Member Helpline: 0800 046 6183
Website: Contact Mercer Admin
The administrators for the DC section of the plan are Standard Life. Please click here to access the Standard Life portal for further details.
The Trustee Board
The Avon Rubber Retirement and Death Benefits Plan is a trust, so its money and investments (called assets) are held independently from Avon Protection plc and managed by an independent trustee on behalf of all members. The Plan is a ‘hybrid’ scheme, which means there are separate ‘Defined Benefit’ and ‘Defined Contribution’ sections both managed within the same plan/trust. The trustee is a company called Avon Rubber Pension Trust Limited which is part of the Avon Protection plc group of companies, but operates independently. The Board of Directors of this company manages the Plan in accordance with the Plan rules and pensions law.
There are six Trustee Directors on the board. Four, including the Chair, are appointed by the Company, Avon Protection plc. Two are nominated and elected by members of the Plan, through an election process which occurs every few years.
Avon Protection Contacts
|Name||Member/Company nominated||Date of Appointment|
|Miles Ingrey - Counter (Chair)||Company||1 April 2007|
|Eric Fielding||Member||2 October 1997|
|Rob Wills||Company||29 January 2013|
|David Little||Member||1 October 2013|
|Mike Harral||Company||18 May 2017|
|Zoe Holland||Company||18 May 2017|
- The Pensions Advisory Service - An independent non-profit organisation that provides information and guidance on the whole spectrum of pensions, covering State, company, personal and Stakeholder schemes.
- The Pensions Ombudsman - The State appointed official whose office investigates and decides complaints and disputes about the way that pension schemes are run.
- Pension Wise Service - A government service that offers free, impartial guidance about your defined contribution pension options.
- State Pension - There is a lot of useful information on the Government site, DirectGov.
- FCA - Take responsibility for conduct and relevant prudential regulation from the FSA.
- The Pensions Regulator - The public body that protects workplace pensions in the UK.