- Reviewing the effectiveness of the Company’s financial reporting, internal control policies and procedures for the identification, assessment and reporting of risk.
- Reviewing significant financial reporting issues and judgements.
- Monitoring the integrity of the Company’s financial statements Keeping the relationship with the auditors under review, including their terms of engagement, fees and independence
- Monitoring the role and effectiveness of the internal audit function.
- Advising the Board on whether the Committee believes the annual report and accounts, taken as a whole, is fair, balanced and understandable and provides the information necessary for shareholders to assess the Company’s performance, business model and strategy.
The Remuneration Committee is responsible for developing and implementing remuneration policy and for determining the Executive Directors' individual packages and terms of service together with those of the other members of the Group Executive management team.
The Nominations Committee, to which the Chief Executive is normally invited, reviews the Board structure, leads the process for Board appointments and makes recommendations to the Board, including on Board succession planning. The Nominations Committee evaluates the balance of skills, knowledge and experience on the Board and, in the light of this evaluation, prepares a description of the role for new appointments. In identifying potential candidates for positions as Non-Executive Directors, the Committee has full regard to the principles of the Code regarding the independence of Non-Executive Directors.